Tuesday, April 1, 2008

selfishness?

I have been working on myself a lot lately. I feel like I have made a lot of progress and others have said that they have noticed a difference. I have, however, had an issue with this whole 'focus on me' thing. I feel selfish. I am a people pleaser and I thoroughly enjoy helping others and working with others to help them solve their problems, and when I start to focus on me and working on my problems I feel as if I am being selfish with my time and my energy.
I know I cannot fully help others unless I am completely healthy and feel content with who I am. I do have one more thing I have to do. I have started the process, but this thing may infringe upon one other person's comfort. The problem: I need to do this! In order for me to be able to truly be 'okay' I need to get this thing over with. However, I cannot do it without possibly hurting someone. What do I do?
People have told me that I need to do this for me.
I have taken the plunge.
Deep breath.
I jumped in the deep end.
Let's hope I can come up for air before things get worse.

1 comment:

lisa said...

When you jumped in, did you do a double flip? A dive, perhaps? Hopefully you made it an exciting way to enter the deep unknown.